Monday, March 31, 2008

Day Zero

So my wife sits me down so I’m guessing she needs a hug. She smiles at me and holds my hand and I know my life is never going to be the same again. She’s been a little more emotional than usual over the last few days so I wasn’t too surprised by the tears. I still have to ask the question though as she hasn’t said anything yet:

“What’s up, honey?...
What’s wrong, baby?...
Are you okay?...
Do you need to talk to me?”

I need her to tell me, but all the time my belly is turning with butterflies and I don’t know if I’m scared or excited.

She pulls out about 300 pregnancy tests from under a cloth and I realise women ponder these moments more than any male could imagine. Clearblue , tears, smiles, sitting down… she’s not saying anything so I have to ask. How can I ask without using the “P” word?

“You’re not?… Are you…?”

Tears are in her eyes. A big, but nervous smile grows as I throw my arms around her.

We hug. We kiss.

I sit quietly screaming “crap, crap, crap” inside. I’m thrilled, but definitely scared. There’re so many things to think about. Finances, food, telling my friends and family, but mostly I have this overwhelming desire to take care of my wife, Holly like I have never done before.

I look at her and she appears more beautiful than I can ever remember.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online